Natural Home Remedies – Alternative Medicines for Common Ailments
Home remedies are becoming much more popular these days. With so many chemicals filling every inch of our lives, it comes as no surprise that more and more people are looking for alternative medicines and home remedies for common ailments.
The long term intake of hen, pain killers and other medications has proved to have serious side effects, it is time for us to switch to the natural therapies which are equally effective. Extended use of sleeping pills and pain killers can cause gastric problems, heart diseases, and multiple organ failure.
Do you know what people did when pharmaceutical medicines had not been discovered? They relied on herbs and spices to treat conditions like common cold, fever, wounds, burns, and skin infections. There is proof that herbal remedies have been used since more than 5000 years! Isn’t that something to think about?
Modern forms of medicine, known as allopathic medicines, have snubbed and ridiculed natural treatments and other forms of natural healing by saying these forms of medicine do not work but alternative treatments are older than modern medicine is. What other proof could possibly exist? Even Hippocrates, the doctor of modern medicine, agreed with most forms of home remedies.
Of course, one argument is the higher mortality rate, which can be attributed to the lack of information and resources available for treatment but most of our population has survived through major catastrophes too. The World Health Organization recently brought out a report that says 25% of pharmaceuticals manufactured in the United States have varying proportions of plant extracts in them – this is proof enough of the wonderful herbs discovered centuries ago.
Home remedies are simply remedies that were discovered at home by our ancestors, probably by accident and some even by practice like chicken soup. It is a very common, albeit effective, treatment for nasal congestion and mucus buildup. It is even recommended by the professional doctors and definitely safe; and popular in South East Asia. Take your first step to try this effective treatment.
Cookbooks dating to the 14th or 16th centuries provide some invaluable advice in fine print about using regular kitchen ingredients for curing various ailments.
Alternative treatments are very popular in South East Asia where mothers still force their children to drink a glass of turmeric milk when they have minor cuts and bruises. Researchers have found that turmeric has anti inflammatory and anti septic properties that heal internal wounds.
Garlic was used by the ancient Egyptians to ward off evil spirits but in recent times, it has become one of those ubiquitous home remedies that we just cannot live without. Be it bacterial, fungal, or viral infections, a clove of garlic a day can keep these infections away.
Here’s another wonderful plant – aloe vera. Be it sunburns, skin problems or fungal infections, aloe vera gel can cure just about anything. Plant one in your kitchen garden today. All parts of the plant – the gel, leaves, and the root have multiple benefits. Some people also recommend drinking aloe vera juice to take care of digestive problems.
Do not confuse home remedies with alternative forms of treatment like Ayurveda, homeopathy, and traditional Chinese medicine. All of them are different from each other and make use of different healing methods.
Choose a Remedy below to get started...
- Home Remedies by System
- Home remedies by system provides immediate assistance in finding alternative treatments for many common medical conditions. Home remedies may include aromatherapy, massage, homeopathic...
- Healthy Hair Skin and Nails
- Obtain Healthy Hair Skin and Nails, as well as teeth, by engaging in three activities that also enhance your overall health condition. These include eating healthy foods and avoiding processed...
- Psychological Characteristics
- Psychological characteristics are the unique combination of personality traits and behaviors that identify people as individuals. However, some traits and behaviors have become...
- The Cardiovascular Group
- The cardiovascular group consists of the heart, blood and the blood vessels, which include veins, arteries, venules, arterioles, capillaries, aorta and the superior and inferior...
- Human Digestive System
- The human digestive system consists of the mouth, esophagus, stomach, small and large intestines, rectum and anus, along with the liver, gallbladder and pancreas. These organs work together to...
- Organs of the Endocrine System
- The organs of the endocrine system only include the gonads, otherwise known as the testes in men and ovaries in women, and the pancreas. The endocrine system glands, which include...
- Immune System Organs
- The immune system organs are just as important as the heart and lungs because they help to keep the body healthy, safe, and alive. The immune system is a complex web of glands, blood...
- Human Musculoskeletal System
- The human musculoskeletal system, often referred to as the muscular system, is responsible for the movement of the body. It consists of muscles, tendons, bones, joints, ligaments, and muscle tissue...
- Nervous System Facts
- Nervous system facts include information about the parts of the system, possible infections, and the different nervous systems that exist in the human body. People are most familiar with the central a
- Human Reproductive System
- The human reproductive system is unlike the other systems of the body because it consists of different organs in men and women. It has a large impact on the physical and emotional...
- What is the Respiratory System
- The question, what is the respiratory system is more common than most people think, as are questions regarding its functions and organs. The respiratory system...
- Function of the Urinary System
- The function of the urinary system may seem simple but the process is complex and important to your overall health. The kidneys, ureters, bladder, and urethra all contribute to the urinary...
- About Speedy Home Remedies
- Click here to learn more about the folks behind Speedy Home Remedies
- Contact Speedy Home Remedies
- To contact Speedy Home Remedies, please complete the form below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
- Speedy Home Remedies Blog
- The Speedy Home Remedies Blog lets you know whenever any new Web pages or articles appear on this site, and keeps you up-to-date with other news and postings.